Field solution engineer
GenCell is seeking a Field Solutions Engineer for our Customer Services department supporting Pre-Sale, Rollout and Servicing of our systems. In this role you will act as customers key technical contact, conducting feasibility evaluation along with sales team and act as a conduit between internal engineering teams and GenCell customers in the European territory. This is a full-time position based in Germany and reports to VP Customer Services dotted to sales regional manager.
- Support Sale department with technical clarification and feasibility analysis during sale process.
- Gather relevant techncial customer requirements and create documentation to present solutions for sales discussions.
- Perform potential sites surveys and measurements – identify and map customers’ technical requirements to help formulate the product specification.
- Collect and report customer feedback into Gencell technical departments for product and process improvement.
- Manage project- and deployment activities of GenCells Fuel Cells.
- Manage site readiness activities for systems deployment and installations.
- Lead systems installations and servicing onsite and supervise service providers tasks.
- Lead technical training to customer representatives.
Act as Tier-1 support for customer complaints, coordination of Tier 2 activities within the company.
- Education: Electrical engineering discipline.
- 5-7 years’ experience as field application engineer for large electrical systems.
- Experience working with Power Utilities, UPS, Generators, Power Electronics.
- Ability to read facilities electrical schematics.
- Ability to travel on demand and extensively.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Experience in start-up working environment.
- Strong “Customer Facing” and training attitude.
- Strong analytical skills
- Good interpersonal skills, strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.